Following an exciting evening with a group of teachers at the holiday staff party, the ouch happens. As I am getting in the car with Kristie, Brandon, Missy, and Ryan, I look around wondering where Eric went. Finally, he comes around to my side of the car and gets in. As we sit in the backseat, he tells me that when he was trying to get in the car on the other side, the car door slammed on his finger. Ouch, right. I look at his finger and nail is instantly black and blue. We get home, Eric takes a couple of advil and we go to bed.
The next morning, Eric tells me that his finger is still throbbing. I look at it and we decide that it won't be long until the fingernail falls off. A couple of hours later, as I am putting together our wedding photo album, Eric says it's not feeling any better. As I look at it again, this time fingernail and on the pad of the finger, I see that his finger is twice the size ti should be. Immediately I tell him either he needs to ice it or we need to go to the hospital. We decide it would be best just to go to the hospital to make sure it's okay.
We get to the emergency room (not sure if this is where we should go), we check in and get the nurse to check out his finger. She takes his vitals, asks him questions, and so forth. After about fifteen minutes, she takes us to a room and says the doctor will be in. About twenty minutes later, the doctor comes and checks it out. He says that they may need to drill a hole in his nail to relieve the pressure and take an x-ray. After another twenty minutes, the nurse comes in and takes him for an x-ray. Oh, another twenty minutes, Eric comes back and says, "you know I don't feel like anyone has even looked at my finger." We agree we shouldn't have come to the ER. Another twenty minutes later (I think they work in 20 minute increments), the doctor comes back and tells us there is a fracture. They get more information from us and tell us they will put his finger in a splint and send us on our way. And finally twenty minutes later, they come back splint his finger.
Two hours later, we leave the ER and head home.
Moral of the story...don't get your finger shut in a car door (even if it's not your fault).
We started our fund jar too!!! How's Eric's finger?
ReplyDelete