Sunday, July 26, 2009

Six Flags.Great America.

On Friday, Eric and I went to Six Flags with our friends Kristie and Brandon. We left about 9:30 and got to Six Flags a little after 10:30. Here's a breakdown of the rides:
  1. The Dark Knight- Eric was especially excited since it has to do with Batman. We waited inside a large building, where you couldn't see the ride itself because it was behind doors. When we got behind the doors, it started with a clip from the movie with Harvey Dent at a press conference. They we went behind other doors and waited. When we finally got on the ride, we realized that the entire ride was inside and in the dark. It was a pretty basic roller coaster with turns and drops, just in the dark. I'm not going to lie, we were a little disappointed. But it was a good warm-up.
  2. Batman- Again Eric was very excited since it has to do with Batman. The line was relatively short and we decided to wait a little longer so we could sit at the front of the ride. We got buckled in across the chest and our feet hung from the seat. It was a great ride...lots of loops and turns and drops. It was a great minute, I was a little dizzy after, but it was a great minute.
  3. American Eagle-The oldest roller coaster at the park. All made out of wood. Eric and Brandon weren't very excited about riding the jerky, old, rotten wood ride, but Kristie said it was fun and I was in. So we talked the boys into it and away we went. It was actually pretty fun. There were moments where we thought between the turns and drops that we left the track, but I guess we'll never know for sure.
  4. The Raging Bull (the ride many people told us was the best)- Well they were right. It was a very smooth ride full of high drops, loops, and turns. It was definitely a "high thrill" ride. We liked it so much, we went back later in the day.
  5. Superman- This is the ride where you feel like superman, because you are face down the entire ride. We waited in line for about 90 minutes. When we got strapped in and dropped face down, I instantly knew I didn't like it. I didn't feel safe and I honest to goodness thought I might die. The ride itself was fun, but riding it face down, I hated it. Everyone else seemed to like it, but I don't plan on going back again.
  6. The Giant Drop- It's a tall cylinder shaped ride. You get strapped in across the chest with feet hanging. It takes you to the top, kind of slowly and then you stop at the top and wait about 10 seconds and then a sudden drop and plummet to the bottom at racing speeds. I loved every second of it, Eric hated every second of it.
  7. Bumper Cars- I forgot how much fun bumper cars were. It's been years. We were all racing around trying to get one another. I had the choice to bump into Brandon, who had just bumped into Eric, and basically nudge him or t-bone Kristie and not even give her a chance to realize what hit her. Well, I figured why not blindside her...I did. I felt a little bad, but I figure anyone would have done the same thing. Right?
We ended our days with slurpees. They were delicious. We had a great trip down to Six Flags and look forward to going again. If you go, look online at tickets. We got Eric's ticket for fifteen dollars less online than what it would have been at the park.

1 comment:

  1. i love the breakdown! :) i can just hear you talking. the superman would be the best, no doubt, im sorry you didn't like! that sounds like such a fun day though, i'm so glad you had a good time :) loves you!

    ReplyDelete

Anniversary Countdown!

Anniversary