Tuesday, December 6, 2011

a pinterest PROJECT christmas

I've been meaning to post my christmas diy since after thanksgiving, but I keep forgetting...so here it is. My  mom and I got to work on our projects over thanksgiving weekend...we got two out of four completed.   I think my expectations may have been a little high for what I thought we could accomplish in such a short amount of time.

 My handsome boys (they hung out while mom and I worked)

 Christmas Tree Garland

 Christmas Tree garland hung on the mantle at my parent's house.  I also have one hanging at our house across Deacon's bedroom door.  I was inspired by...yes, pinterest...here's the original that you could buy.  There wasn't a tutorial so I looked at the details and hoped we got it right.  I love it.

Felt Monogram Ornaments
I made ornaments for our house...if you're wondering about the extra "E" it's for our last name, not for another baby.  I also made some for my parent's house-the colors coordinated with the wreath I made my mom awhile back with the exception of my dad's...he wanted Boise State colors!  I forgot to take a picture before I sent them to Boise in the mail...hopefully they like them.  I also made a few more...but I can't go into detail because they're a gift.
If you look closely you can see my wrapped Christmas presents.  I love them.  I used brown paper and different red ribbons to decorate.  Then I used black ink and stamps to "stamp" the person's name.  Also, pinterest inspired.  Deacon has learned to take off the ribbon and just yesterday started ripping the paper off.  He loves Christmas just as much as Mama and Daddy already!

***sidenote*** if you make the ornaments and have a baby that can sit up, crawl, or walk...i recommend putting them up a little higher...Deacon has learned how to grab them off the tree and put them in his mouth.

I am finishing up a project that was inspired by my friend, Misha.  She posted it on pinterest last week.  It's super easy to put together so you think I would be down by now...but it turns out once I get up from working on it, it's hard to get back to it.  I will post the final product, hopefully before Christmas is over.
Also, speaking of my friend, Misha...check out what she made for Deacon...it's the most perfect first Christmas gift with wonderful sentiment...every time I look at it I tear up (I'm tearing up just writing about it).  She provides great step by step instructions on how to make one of your own.  

HAPPY DIY!    

1 comment:

  1. i LOVE your garlands and felt ornaments! you and your mom must have been busy over the weekend, with projects and eating! i feel the same about over-estimating what i can do in terms of projects, and i don't even have a little one to keep track of (except for sadie who is pretty easy to take care of). also, thanks for the shout-out! i am so happy that you liked deacon's ornament. i am sure he will get a few more first christmas ornaments, but i love the idea of memorializing his birth announcement. keep up the DIY - i can't wait to see what else you have up your sleeve.

    ReplyDelete

Anniversary Countdown!

Anniversary